Does it really matter if Meghan & Harry had a secret wedding ahead of the official one ?
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry confess secret wedding never really happened. Prince Harry and Meghan Markle have admitted that the covert wedding the Duchess of Sussex portrayed in her bombshell interview with Oprah Winfrey did not take place, as reported recently by the Daily Beast.
A representative for the royals informed the publication that “the couple swapped personal vows a few days prior to their legal/official wedding on May 19.”
Since such a service does not signify a proper wedding, the royal pair’s secret union was not valid, as Markle had told Oprah in the March 7 interview, as was reported.
The 39-year-old ex- “Suits” star said in the recording, “You know, 3 days prior to our wedding, we got married. No one realizes that. The vows that we have mounted in our space are just the both of us in our courtyard with the Archbishop of Canterbury.”
The Sun acquired the couple’s marriage certificate from the General Registrar’s Office a few days back as well, which also verified that their legal wedding date is May 19.
Rumor that Markle, 39, twisted the truth began almost instantly after the Oprah sitdown aired.
A UK priest rejected Markle’s claim earlier this month, clarifying that the Church of England necessitates the presence of two witnesses for any marriage to be valid and that rituals must take place in a “licensed place of worship” — neither of which Markle and Prince Harry, 36, stood by.
Markle also found herself in a quandary after internet spies found a blog post she wrote in 2014 about the “grandeur” encircling Prince William and Kate Middleton’s 2011 wedding.
In her conversation with Winfrey, she denied knowing much about the royals before she met her husband.
Hashtags:#MeghanMarkle #Megxit #OprahWinfrey
- The extraordinary life of Prince Philip, who is dead at the age of 99
- Does it really matter if Meghan & Harry had a secret wedding ahead of the official one
- Oprah Winfrey drives the Queen out of silence on the Megxit row
- Tiger Woods Crashes in his SUV and is in surgery after suffering leg injuries
- 12000 Jobs at Stake as Debenhams Set to Shut all Stores
- Ex-paratrooper Creates New Parachuteless Jump Record | John Bream Free Leaps From Helicopter off Hayling Island